Treatment Coordinator Career Opportunity
The Treatment Coordinator’s main job responsibility is to clearly explain treatment options and related costs. The Treatment Coordinator is a liaison between the surgeon and the patient and assists in the gathering of information in the new patient experience, as well as coordinating a treatment plan with the surgeon and presenting it to the patient. S/he are knowledgeable about the treatment and timelines, and they are prepared to negotiate financial arrangements with the clients. The Treatment Coordinator provides a calm and warm environment for patients who are otherwise anxious and concerned about how to afford dentistry.
About Riverside Oral Surgery:
Riverside Oral Surgery, the official Oral Surgeons of the New Jersey Devils and home to Instagram’s “BloodyToothGuy,” is one of the most highly-recognized, well-established, and respected surgeon-owned and operated practices in the Northeast. Today, with eleven locations, Riverside Oral Surgery continues to expand its brand of oral and maxillofacial surgery well beyond its Northern, NJ roots. As the practice continues to grow, so too do the offerings of our surgeons, each bringing a focus complementary to the full-scope group as a whole.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Treatment Consultation with Surgeon
- Be present during comprehensive exams to understand patient treatment When necessary, be present during re-care exams to understand patient treatment needs.
- Enter the treatment plan with proper coding into WinOMS
- Presenting the Treatment Plan to the Patient
- Determine dental benefit eligibility, limitations, and payment estimates necessary to facilitate financial arrangements.
- Invite patients to the consultation room to explain specifics on their insurance and what is covered & out of pocket.
- Educate patients, as necessary, regarding their dental benefits.
- Present case fees and financial options to patients and answer any questions about the procedure.
- Ensure patients fully understand their treatment plan and overcome any objections to the proposed treatment to facilitate the decision to say “yes.”
- Upon the conclusion of this meeting, prepare an alert in WinOMS for PCCs on how treatment calculations were figured out.
- Any approved discounts are also added as a note in WinOMS to ensure the billing department is aware of exactly which parts of the treatment plan are being discounted and why.
- Prepare the formal financial agreement on ROS letterhead for the patient to sign and scan into their file.
- Ongoing Organization & Maintenance of Treatment Planning
- Prepare and execute a weekly meeting with the surgeon to go over any outstanding cases that need follow-up on the treatment plan.
- Prepare and maintain a recall list: follow up on anyone who hasn’t scheduled in 3 weeks to check-in. If someone cancels, they need to be added to the recall list.
- Prepare and maintain an unscheduled treatment report: anyone who had a treatment plan who hasn’t scheduled in the past 3 months, send a letter the in the mail.
- Other duties
- Support the billing department with ensuring patients are up to date on their financials Proactively communicate with the back office so they know any changes in the patient’s financial status.
- Send any surgical guides out to labs: i.e. impression, ct scans.
- On any implant-related surgeries, send an email to the dentist “consult thank you letter” to ensure they understand our mutual patients’ treatment plan and timeline.
- Once patients are ready for restorations, support the surgeon in preparing an email to the referring dentist with the timeline and implant size used.
- Build & maintain relationships with general dentists in the area.
- Assist in maintaining and developing systems such as checklists to verify workflow and streamline patient care.
Skills and Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of dentistry and ability to describe procedures in simple language
- Superb communication skills
- Familiarity with computer systems
- Customer service skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Influencing/negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Familiarity with ADA codes
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Keen understanding of scheduling and financial systems
- Ability to function within a team environment as a supportive and positive contributor
- Customer Focus
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values which are embedded in all roles.
- Always Do What’s Right: Relationships are fostered by always doing what is Right for our patients, right for our referring doctors, right for Riverside.
- Attention to Detail: Attention to detail in everything we do, means attention to detail in ANYTHING we do. #theriversideway
- Safety: Safety is essential to our Commitment to the safety of our people and our patients and is a standard to which we all are held accountable.
- Integrity, Honesty, Dignity & Respect: We treat others as we wish to be By doing so, we build trusting relationships with our fellow colleagues and with our patients, and the communities in which we operate. We value the richness that diversity brings to our workforce and communities. We create an environment where the contributions of every employee, patient, and supplier are valued and all are treated with dignity and respect.
- Stewardship: We are diligent caretakers of our businesses, assets, and the environment, dedicated to serving our patients We operate in a safe and sustainable manner, and we embrace our accountability for making optimal operational and financial decisions.
- Personal Responsibility & Teamwork: We take personal responsibility and are accountable for all we do, recognizing that our individual contributions, our diversity and our commitment to work together to achieve shared goals drive our success.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: send your resume to [email protected]