Surgical Assistant Career Opportunity
We are seeking Oral Surgery Dental Assistants for multiple locations within one practice in New Jersey!
The Surgical Assistant’s responsibilities include taking X-rays, preparing surgical equipment, and tending to patients. S/he will also be required to monitor inventory levels and replenish our dental supplies, as needed. To be successful as an oral surgery assistant, you should be highly organized and attentive to patients’ needs. An outstanding oral surgery assistant should have an excellent understanding of oral surgery procedures and exceptional hand-eye coordination.
Riverside Oral Surgery, the official Oral Surgeons of the New Jersey Devils and home to Instagram’s “BloodyToothGuy,” is one of the most highly-recognized, well-established, and respected surgeon-owned and operated practices in the Northeast. Today, with eleven locations, Riverside Oral Surgery continues to expand its brand of oral and maxillofacial surgery well beyond its Northern, NJ roots. As the practice continues to grow, so too do the offerings of our surgeons, each bringing a focus complementary to the full-scope group as a whole.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate X-ray and 3D scanning equipment and develop radiographs for diagnostic purposes.
- Prepare and sterilize surgical instruments, materials, and equipment in accordance with infection control and biohazard protocols.
- Assist the surgeon with all chairside procedures including operatory setup, anesthesia administration, and cleanup.
- Prepare patients for surgery and monitor vital signs during procedures.
- Provide patients with information on oral health care, treatment plans, and postoperative outcomes.
- Monitor stock of surgical supplies and medication and replenish these, as needed.
- Ensure that instruments and equipment are effectively maintained.
- Provide excellent patient care at all times.
Skills and Qualifications
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Assistant certification.
- Radiography certification.
- At least six months of dental assisting experience is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of how to use surgical equipment, instruments, and materials.
- A good understanding of surgical techniques, chairside responsibilities, and health and safety protocols.
- An excellent understanding of dental records, charts, and documentation.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent patient care, even under stressful circumstances.
- Consistent professionalism in appearance and attitude.
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values which are embedded in all roles.
- Always Do What’s Right: Relationships are fostered by always doing what is Right for our patients, right for our referring doctors, and right for Riverside.
- Attention to Detail: Attention to detail in everything we do, means attention to detail in ANYTHING we do. #theriversideway
- Safety: Safety is essential to our Commitment to the safety of our people and our patients and is a standard to which we all are held accountable.
- Integrity, Honesty, Dignity & Respect: We treat others as we wish to be treated. By doing so, we build trusting relationships with our fellow colleagues and with our patients, and the communities in which we operate. We value the richness that diversity brings to our workforce and communities. We create an environment where the contributions of every employee, patient, and supplier are valued and all are treated with dignity and respect.
- Stewardship: We are diligent caretakers of our businesses, assets, and the environment, dedicated to serving our patients. We operate in a safe and sustainable manner, and we embrace our accountability for making optimal operational and financial decisions.
- Personal Responsibility & Teamwork: We take personal responsibility and are accountable for all we do, recognizing that our individual contributions, our diversity and our commitment to work together to achieve shared goals drive our success.
- Not applicable
- Standing for significant periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: send your resume to [email protected]