Surgical Assistant- Bergen County
We are seeking Oral Surgery Dental Assistants for multiple locations within on practice in New Jersey!
The Surgical Assistant responsibilities include taking X-rays, preparing surgical equipment, and tending to patients. S/he will also be required to monitor inventory levels and replenish our dental supplies, as needed. To be successful as an oral surgery assistant, you should be highly organized and attentive to patients’ needs. An outstanding oral surgery assistant should have an excellent understanding of oral surgery procedures and exceptional hand-eye coordination.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate X-ray and 3D scanning equipment and developing radiographs for diagnostic purposes.
- Prepare and sterilize surgical instruments, materials, and equipment in accordance with infection control and biohazard protocols.
- Assist the surgeon with all chairside procedures including operatory setup, anesthesia administration, and cleanup.
- Prepare patients for surgery and monitoring vital signs during procedures.
- Provide patients with information on oral health care, treatment plans, and postoperative outcomes.
- Monitor stock of surgical supplies and medication and replenish these, as needed.
- Ensue that instruments and equipment are effectively maintained.
- Provide excellent patient care at all times.
Skills and Qualifications
- Radiography certification.
- At least six months of dental assisting experience is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of how to use surgical equipment, instruments, and materials.
- A good understanding of surgical techniques, chairside responsibilities, and health and safety protocols.
- An excellent understanding of dental records, charts, and documentation.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to provide excellent patient care, even under stressful circumstances.
- Consistent professionalism in appearance and attitude.
Riverside Oral Surgery, the official Oral Surgeons of the New Jersey Devils and home to Instagram’s “BloodyToothGuy” is one of the most highly-recognized, well-established, and respected surgeon-owned and operated practices in Northeast. Today, with eleven locations, Riverside Oral Surgery continues to expand its brand of oral and maxillofacial surgery well beyond its Northern, NJ roots. As the practice continues to grow, so too do the offerings of our surgeons, each bringing a focus complementary to the full-scope group as a whole.
To apply: send your resume to [email protected]