The Executive Assistant provides administrative and operational support to the CEO and senior executive team.
Riverside Oral Surgery, the official Oral Surgeons of the New Jersey Devils and home to Instagram’s “BloodyToothGuy,” is one of the most highly-recognized, well-established, and respected surgeon-owned and operated practices in the Northeast. Today, with eleven locations, Riverside Oral Surgery continues to expand its brand of oral and maxillofacial surgery well beyond its Northern, NJ roots. As the practice continues to grow, so too do the offerings of our surgeons, each bringing a focus complementary to the full-scope group as a whole.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the CEO to support all aspects of his daily work routine.
- Maintain the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and ROSM staff. This includes receiving and screening the CEO’s phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing calls appropriately for resolution.
- Coordinate work with other ROSM staff as needed; play a key role in the coordination of staff efforts both within and outside the department.
- Provide coordination, monitoring, and communication of projects and programs managed by the executive office.
- Assist the CEO and senior executive team in the development of presentations and white papers for internal and external audiences.
- Determine priority of matters of attention for the CEO; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
- Keep the CEO advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
- Handle printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and email/messages.
- Sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories.
- Compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence for the CEO’s signature.
- Schedule departmental meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
- Attend meetings and take notes of discussions; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
- Complete a variety of special projects including creating PowerPoint presentations, financial spreadsheets, special reports, and agenda material.
- Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports.
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
- Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other departments or Executives as needed.
The Ideal Candidate Is
- A detail-oriented self-starter with prior experience in the healthcare industry
- Someone who exhibits sound judgment with the ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Comfortable interacting with high-level executives
- A team player capable of cultivating productive working relationships across the firm
- Resourceful, can-do attitude
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years prior experience in supporting a senior executive or team
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values which are embedded in all roles.
- Always Do What’s Right: Relationships are fostered by always doing what is right. Right for our patients, right for our referring doctors, right for Riverside.
- Attention to Detail: Attention to detail in everything we do, means attention to detail in ANYTHING we do. #theriversideway
- Safety: Safety is essential to our business. Commitment to the safety of our people and our patients is a standard to which we all are held accountable.
- Integrity, Honesty, Dignity & Respect: We treat others as we wish to be treated. By doing so, we build trusting relationships with our fellow colleagues and with our patients, and the communities in which we operate. We value the richness that diversity brings to our workforce and communities. We create an environment where the contributions of every employee, patient, and supplier are valued and all are treated with dignity and respect.
- Stewardship: We are diligent caretakers of our businesses, assets, and the environment, dedicated to serving our patients and communities. We operate in a safe and sustainable manner, and we embrace our accountability for making optimal operational and financial decisions.
- Personal Responsibility & Teamwork: We take personal responsibility and are accountable for all we do, recognizing that our individual contributions, our diversity and our commitment to working together to achieve shared goals drive our success.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: send your resume to [email protected]